Fort Bonifacio is now a rapidly growing business district in the Metro. From a military base camp into a commercial district, it is now the home of several multinational companies. Fort Bonifacio CBD includes Bonifacio Global City, Uptown Bonifacio, McKinley Hill, and McKinley West. Now that Fort Bonifacio is almost developed, what is there to expect in this very promising district?
1. Mega Manila Subway is a 25km, Php 355.6 Billion project. Partial operations to start by 2022 and full operations by 2025. It’s expected to reduce travel time from Quezon City to Taguig in just 31 minutes and would serve 370,000 passengers.
2. BGC-Ortigas Link Bridge is a Php 1.6 Billion project. Once completed (2020), this will allow a 12-minute travel from Ortigas to BGC and traffic congestion in EDSA and C5 will be alleviated by 25%.
3. Infracorp is the 5th leg of Alliance Global, Inc. that will handle infrastructure projects, particularly transport solutions around Metro Manila, key growth areas around the country and various AGI/Megaworld township developments.
4. Lawton Avenue Road Widening Project is a Php 458 million project for the widening of Fort Bonifacio – Nichols Field Road Phase 1, covering 2.68km. The project will reduce travel time from Bonifacio Global City (BGC) to Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) by about 40 percent.
5. Icone Tower or the “Light of Manila” is a new upcoming project in Bonifacio Global City right beside Uptown Mall by BCDA and Henning Larsen HongKong. This 308m tall tower would serve as a new benchmark to the skyscrapers in Metro Manila and would revolutionize the way we picture the skies.
6. Philippine Stock Exchange just opened a unified trading floor in its new headquarters in Bonifacio Global City, located at 5th St. Corner 28th Avenue in BGC. Dubbed as PSE Tower, the new building has an eternal ticker board on its facade that displays real-time stock prices and market data. Its new home in BGC would also have a new museum that would showcase the rich history of the local stock exchange. The PSE is one of the oldest stock exchanges in Asia, having been in continuous operation since the establishment of the Manila Stock Exchange in 1927.
For all these reasons, investments in Fort Bonifacio can only grow exponentially.